Congratulations! You now have the distinct honor of being part of an elite group of more than 2,500 alumni from the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University. There are several important goals for the Urban Affairs Alumni Organization. These include:
- Promoting a working partnership with alumni of the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs and furthering the mission of the College in providing public service to the Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio community.
- Creating a supportive environment for Urban Affairs students and alumni to further their academic and career goals in the public, private and nonprofit sectors, through career development workshops, professional support group and networking activities.
- Developing a professional mentoring relationship with students interested in pursuing a career in the public, private and nonprofit sectors, be it local, state, national or international levels.
- Promoting the vision and values of the Levin College of Urban Affairs throughout the Greater Cleveland area and surrounding communities.
- Assisting in curriculum development by providing feedback to the Levin College of Urban Affairs regarding the skills needed by graduates to secure career employment.
- Nurturing future public administrators by engaging in out-reach activities at the high school level with students interested in careers in the public sector of government.
- Building camaraderie among alumni, students, faculty, and staff through social events, field trips and other similar fun, educational and enlightening activities.
You are encouraged to stay involved with the College through the Urban Affairs Alumni Organization, so check this website frequently for upcoming meeting dates and events!