The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University is recognized as one of the best public affairs colleges in the nation according to US News & World Report. Levin is ranked 3rd in the US in the specialty of Urban Planning and Policy, and ranked 13th and 20th in the specialties of Local Government Management and Nonprofit Management, respectively. Learn more about us »
The Levin College offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees in fields that guide and advance vibrant and sustainable communities, including urban studies, public administration, urban planning, environmental studies, nonprofit management, and organizational leadership. Levin's engaged learning approach — a powerful combination of instruction and real-world experiences, including internships and mentoring — ensures our students graduate fully prepared to thrive in meaningful careers.
Explore undergraduate programs »
Explore graduate programs »
A Streamlined Application Process
Just because today has its challenges doesn’t mean you should put your college and career plans on hold! Apply to the Levin College and start your future today!
- If you apply to the Levin College for the summer 2020 or fall 2020 semesters, we are waiving all application fees. We are also extending the application deadlines to May 15th for summer term and August 15th for fall term.
- We understand the challenges associated with the cancellation of testing dates for the SAT, ACT and GRE, so we are waiving the standardized test score requirements if you are unable to provide a test score.
- We also understand that undergraduate applicants might not be able to secure a transcript because high schools are closed. Don’t worry, we’ll accept your self-reported GPA for an admission decision now and get the transcripts later. We haven’t changed our standards, but given the current situation, we won’t hold up your application for these documents.
- Graduate applicants may also submit unofficial transcripts with their applications. Final official transcripts will be required prior to attendance or as soon as they are accessible.
- We are deferring all undergraduate enrollment fees. You won’t need to pay a fee prior to signing up for your orientation date. Instead, the fee will appear on your fall bill, and if you receive financial aid, you can use that aid to cover the fee.
- Cleveland State University is offering a new tuition program for the Fall 2020 freshman class. If you enroll at CSU as a new first time freshman and successfully complete Fall Semester 2020 with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better, Spring Semester 2021 will be tuition free after other financial aid has been applied. So, Spring tuition will be covered by CSU! Learn more »
- Ready for next steps? Schedule a virtual visit or contact our Coordinator of Student Recruitment »
At Levin, we connect our students and graduates not just with jobs, but careers with meaning. We provide a variety of career preparation resources including internships, mentoring, graduate assistantships, student employment, and experiential learning opportunities that connect you with careers at every turn. Levin graduates are purposeful and productive leaders of their communities and lead change in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors. They come to Levin to learn, grow, and understand how to innovate and shape solutions through public service, leadership, and change. Join more than 4,900 students who have learned to change the world at Levin. Learn more about career connections at Levin »
Start Your Future Today!