On August 27, 2021, the Levin College hosted its annual Research Day. Participants were invited to employ a “PechaKucha” style presentation format, highlighting twenty slides for twenty seconds each. Traditional paper sessions were also welcomed. A summary of the presentations is below, and a full agenda is available here. A complete recording of the day’s presentations is available on the Levin College YouTube channel.
PechaKucha Session 1
- Dr. Robert Pfaff, Visiting Assistant Professor – "Transportation Planning and Racial Segregation in the Motor City"
- Dr. Mark J. Salling, Senior Fellow and Research Associate – "Gerrymandering and GIS"
- Dr. Linda E. Francis, Professor and Graduate Program Director, Department of Criminology, Anthropology, Sociology – “Programming Affect as Memory”
- Dr. Robert A. Gleeson, Professor and Albert A. Levin Chair of Urban Studies and Public Service – “The Effects of Working-From-Home on Municipal Wage Taxes in Ohio"
Traditional Paper Session
- Dr. BJ Fletcher, Visiting Assistant Professor – "Food Insecurity and an Economic Crisis"
- Dr. William M. Bowen, Professor – "An Evolutionary Systems Theoretic Perspective on Global Stewardship”
- Dr. Robert (Roby) A. Simons, Professor and Urban Studies Department Chair, Mark Henning, Research Associate, Dr. Thomas Hilde, Assistant Professor, and Samuel Owusu-Agyemang, Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant – "Implementing EZFare"
PechaKucha Session 2
- Dr. Iryna V. Lendel, Research Associate Professor and Director of the Center for Economic Development – “Center for Economic Development: Current and Future Research"
- Dr. Joanna P. Ganning, Associate Professor and Associate Dean of Faculty Research, Development, and Administration – "Doctoral Education and Academic Job Market in Planning"
- Dr. Michelle Graff, Assistant Professor – "Does Need Align with Assistance? An Examination of Energy Insecurity and Energy Assistance in the United States"
The program concluded with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Roland V. Anglin, Dean and Professor at the Levin College, Dr. Simons, and Dr. Graff. “The presentations reflected the depth and quality of our work here in the College,” noted Dean Anglin.