Take a look at a recent Levin College publication:
Eastern Ohio Shale Dashboard - March 1st, 2018 by Iryna Lendel and Dro Sohrabian
Document Type: Report
Publication Date: March 2018
- Between 2014 and early 2016 oil prices collapsed and US economic growth slowed. Prices have doubled since, now hovering near $60/bbl, and the US economy accelerated. O&G shale industry responds very quickly to market changes and it has a big influence on manufacturing.
- PA environmental protection officials halt construction of the Mariner East 2 pipeline due to issues with private well contamination and unauthorized drilling. Upon completion, Mariner East 2 will carry NGLs from Marcellus Shale to Pennsylvania and potential future hubs.
- Shell Pipeline’s Falcon Ethane Pipeline, which will connect supply lines in Ohio to the Shell US ethane cracker in western PA, is expected to begin construction early 2019.
- PTT Global Chemical partners with Daelim Industrial (South Korea) to move forward on prospective ethane cracker in Belmont County. They have agreed to conduct a feasibility study by 2019 before making the final investment decision.
- A. Schulman Inc., the Fairlawn-based polymer and plastics company, is being purchased by Houston-based LyondellBasell for $2.25 billion, a sign of increasing downstream activity in anticipation of future feedstocks.