Course Credit: 4 Contact Hours
Session Date(s): Monday, December 6 & Wednesday, December 8 from 1- 3 pm
Location: This workshop will be held online via Zoom.
Course Fee: $120
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
- Participants must attend both sessions.
- The first 20 people to register will receive a 50% ($60) scholarship courtesy of the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
- Limited 100% scholarships are available to Levin College student’s courtesy of the College’s Women’s Fund. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- To begin the registration process, complete the participant portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Wait to be contacted by Alexandra Higl-Timms (email@example.com). She will let you know if you are eligible for the scholarships.
Organizations and individuals have faced tremendous pressures and challenges to simply survive in light of the global pandemic. Boundaries between work and home have been blurred. As organizations strive for optimal productivity in an increasingly evolving and competitive marketplace, individuals face pressures to do more work with fewer resources. In addition, women are struggling with how to be fully satisfied in all aspects of their lives. This interactive seminar offers participants a chance to reflect on the ways in which they spend their time and energy, as well as an opportunity to identify and prioritize their aspirations, goals, and responsibilities. This results-based seminar will provide opportunities for understanding how to develop a professional and personal life that is productive and rewarding. Participants will learn an individualized strategic planning process to develop more life and career satisfaction, learn techniques to manage their time more efficiently, and help concentrate on the important goals they wish to accomplish.
- Grounding yourself in what is important (now and growing forward)
- Developing your resiliency and mindfulness muscles
- Keys to time management: event control and attitude control
- Recognizing the dynamics of change and how to work and live in a changing environment
- Defining what success means to you
- Prioritizing work/life issues to create a sense of integration (versus pulled and stretched)
- Career life planning: what it is and how to do it
- Understanding the signs of burnout and its relation to stress
- Building support systems at work and home
As a result of attending this class, participants will:
- Learn techniques to increase professional/personal satisfaction and productivity
- Develop a system for career/life planning
- Recognize the factors that interfere with maximizing efficient use of time
- Understand techniques to manage stress and prevent burnout
- Identify roles that are important and how to maximize the roles
- Strategize ways to gain more happiness and control over their careers and lives
- Think more strategically across aspects of both career and family stages
Claire Scott Miller (M.Ed, BCC) is a board certified coach and president of C. Scott Miller & Associates. Claire was selected to develop a three-day women’s leadership course that was successfully presented to government agencies throughout the southeastern United States. In addition, she was a featured speaker at national and state programs on women and their career development, a presenter at the US Office of Personnel Management National Administrative Asst. day programs in Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Columbus, Kansas City, and has served as a presenter at a variety of women’s focus programs through the government, hospital, community and corporate groups (USDA, NASA, TRW, Procter & Gamble, GE, Army, Air Force, Cleveland Clinic, Progressive, Invacare, Moen, etc.).
Tuition for this workshop is $120.
- The first 20 people to register for this workshop will receive a 50% ($60) scholarship courtesy of the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation.
- Limited 100% scholarships are available to Levin College students courtesy of the College’s Women’s Fund. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To register and pay for this workshop complete the Workshop Participant Portfolio form. Please note that in addition to this form you will need to register and submit payment. Alexandra Higl-Timms will be in touch with additional instructions about how to complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (email@example.com).
- If you are a CSU employee, you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. Continuing Education Staff Development forms can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page. Please send a copy of the completed form to Nina Antonik (UR 335, Levin College of Urban Affairs | firstname.lastname@example.org). After that please complete registration using CSU's Learning Stream site.
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (email@example.com). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
If you have general questions about this workshop please contact Alexandra Higl-Timms (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions about workshop registration and payment contact Nina Antonik (email@example.com).
The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.