Course Credit: 4 Cleveland State University CEU Units
Session Date(s): Tuesday, October 6, 2020 and Thursday, October 8, 2020. 4:30pm to 6:30pm each day.
Location: This workshop will be held online.
Course Fee: $120.00
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
Note: The first 20 participants to register will receive a 50% scholarship funded by the Wenk Family Charitable Foundation!
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- Complete the Workshop Participant Portfolio form.
- Wait to be contacted by Alexandra Higl (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will let you know if you are eligible for the 50% scholarship.
- Register for this workshop using CSU's Learning Stream website.
LinkedIn is the way professionals stay current in their field, find each other, and stay connected. It’s also the way professionals are found when recruiters or hiring managers are looking for candidates. And, it’s the way people in your field find you to network for ideas and connections to move your work along.
This very practical and interactive workshop will cover:
- How to set up LinkedIn so that you feel safe and sane - and yourself;
- How to write your Profile without feeling like you’re “selling yourself”;
- When, why and how to update your presence on the site;
- How to “connect” with people on LinkedIn;
- What to do if you are looking for work;
- How to promote your work and organization with heart.
The session includes course materials, a LinkedIn style guide, and access to a career coach. All participants will receive a certificate of completion.
This workshop is part of the Women's Leadership Series: Women Empowering Women. The series was launched in October of 2018 to engage and empower public & nonprofit sector leaders throughout Northeast Ohio, while promoting the concept of gender representation at all levels of leadership. The theme – “Women Empowering Women” – hones in on the notion that women should support, empower, and mentor one another. The series’ programming is strategically designed to capitalize on this theme of empowerment within sectors where political pressures are at play, resources remain tight, and the competition to rise to executive leadership endures.
For inquiries please contact: email@example.com.
Course Fee & Payment Methods
Tuition for this workshop is $120.
- To register and pay for this workshop complete the Workshop Participant Portfolio form and register using CSU's Learning Stream website.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are a CSU employee you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. The form can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page. Please send a copy of the completed form to the Division of Continuing and Extended Education at email@example.com or UR 141. After that please complete registration on CSU's Learning Stream website.
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
If you have general questions about this workshop please contact Alexandra Higl (email@example.com). For questions about workshop registration and payment contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.