The Levin College Office of Student and Enrollment Services (LCOSES) occasionally receives announcements of external scholarships and other opportunities of interest to Urban Affairs students and graduates. As announcements are received, they will be posted below. For more information about a particular opportunity, please contact the associated organization directly.
All items are posted for informational purposes only and at the discretion of LCOSES. Postings may be denied or removed without notice. LCOSES makes no guarantee as to the completeness / correctness of the information listed below. For older postings please see the Opportunities archive.
Posting Date: 10/19/21
Company/Organization: Water Management Association of Ohio
The Water Management Association of Ohio (WMAO) invites you to participate at Careers in Water Resources. This event, in conjunction with the WMAO 50th Annual Conference, will be held on November 3, 2021, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 6500 Doubletree Ave., Worthington / Columbus, Ohio.
We will explore the water profession through conversation with sector representatives: private companies (environmental consulting and engineering firms), academia, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) such as nonprofit environmental groups, as well as local, state and federal governments. Technicians from each of these industries will be available to provide insight and answer questions related to their field of operation to assist you in launching a successful career as a water professional.
The theme at the conference this year is “Engaging Water Professionals Through the Decades” as WMAO celebrates 50 years! You may attend this special event starting at 2:45 p.m. as our guest or register for the full day as a student attendee for only $20. There is also a discount available for professors who bring five or more students to the conference. Details on this discount, the agenda and registration are online can be found here.
Posting Date: 9/17/21
Positions: Public Media Workforce Collaborative Fellow
Company / Organization: Ideastream Public Media
The Public Media Workforce Collaborative (PMWC) Fellow is the lead coordinator and facilitator of all activities, operations and reporting processes for the four collaborating public media stations working to fulfill workforce development initiatives as outlined in the two-year, $450,000 grant from the Corporate for Public Broadcasting (CPB).
- Supports the objectives of the PMWC.
- Ensures the highest quality of work across the various workstreams of PMWC.
- Represents PMWC with great integrity, passion, commitment and a “yes, and …” ethos with all stakeholders.
- Treats all staff across PMWC stations with respect.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
- Facilitates the completion of all PMWC activities including but not limited to the implementation of management and staff training programs, human-centered design processes, marketing campaigns and associated user testing.
- Coordinates the logistics of all PMWC activities including but not limited to setting up meetings between station representatives and consultants/contractors, setting up meetings for various activities across stations, handling any travel.
- Collects quantitative and qualitative data, proof-of-performance examples and any media coverage for reporting purposes as well as for the development of the PMWC Playbook for other stations.
- Maintains a schedule of all CPB reporting requirements and drafts all reports.
- Maintains a database of all internal and external stakeholder contact information.
- Regularly communicates with internal stakeholders about the status of various workstreams, outcomes of activities and upcoming tasks and deliverables.
- Participates in and takes notes of all PMWC leadership meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: N/A
Learn more about this fellowship: