Course No: CLDCE2
Course Credit: 123 contact hours
Session Date(s): March 2020 - January 2021
Current Session Location: Bonda Board Room - UR254, Levin College of Urban Affairs, 1717 Euclid Ave Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Next Session Location: City of Westlake's Recreation Center (in the community room)
Schedule: 2020 Workshop Schedule
Flyer: 2020 Workshop Flyer
Course Fee: The stanndard fee is $2,700 (which includes 19 days of training and instructional materials), however for this cohort we are offering a discounted fee of $1350.
Payment Methods: Major credit cards, corporate checks, and staff development funds welcome. Read more. »
Ohio Certified Public Manager® Program Certification: To receive this credential, participants must enroll in and successfully complete the Leadership Academy and Public Management Academy. Learn more. »
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO ENROLL FOR THIS WORKSHOP:
- Public Management Academy Participant Portfolio form.
- Register for this workshop (when scheduled) via CSU's CampusCE website.
The Public Management Academy (PMA) is a comprehensive management development certificate program for public managers. It professionalizes public managers as they learn and practice the management skills and tools they will need to meet the challenges of the 21st century. The Academy offers a one year series of customized workshops, creating a “public manager’s tool kit”.
- Education for Public Managers
- Collaboration across Communities
- Innovation through Project Results
Education for Public Managers
This program includes 19 workshops designed to enhance the skill sets and productivity of public sector employees. Each workshop provides tools and techniques that can be applied directly work functions and showcases best practices in the field.
Collaboration across Communities
PMA’s required project provides the framework for true collaboration. Participants demonstrate learning by developing and implementing projects that directly address agency and regional needs with measurable project results. Project teams will access Cleveland State University - Levin College of Urban Affairs’ resources, faculty, and students. Projects provide a valuable return on investments to the participating agencies.
Innovation through Project Results
Group projects will integrate learning objectives and provide innovative solutions to contemporary issues. The project methodology transforms the workplace into a real-life laboratory, integrating theory and practice. The project outcomes deliver return on the investment for both the sponsoring organization and participants. View Public Management Academy's 2019-2020 projects.
Tuition for Public Management Academy is $2,700 per participant, which includes 19 days of training and instructional materials.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice and pay via corporate check contact Nina Antonik (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will email the invoice to you. To register please use CSU's CampusCE site. If you are paying with a check select the "Staff Dev or Check" option.
- If you are a CSU employee you may be able to use faculty/staff development funds to pay for this workshop. The form can be obtained from the CSU Human Resources Benefits Form page. Please send a copy of the completed form to the Division of Continuing and Extended Education at conted@csuohio or UR 141. After that please complete registration on CSU's CampusCE site.
Refund to original payment is made at 100% when a registrant cancels attendance at least two business-days prior to the start of the first class. Alternatively, the registrant can choose to transfer paid tuition to a later, equivalent course of their choosing within the same college or school at no additional cost when giving a two business-day cancellation notice. Requests must be submitted to Nina Antonik (email@example.com). Click here for more information about Cleveland State Univerisity's refund policy.
Cleveland State University reserves the right to cancel a workshop and refund the workshop fee in the event that there are an insufficient number of registrants.
The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs offers a wide range of custom designed courses, workshops, and seminars. See the Professional Development Course Listing for this semester's schedule.